The first step in establishing your online presence is selecting a web host company that will store your files on its servers! Read this article and discover how to select a good and reputable website hosting company!
If you are taking into consideration the development and design of a professional website, then don’t underestimate how important a good web hosting service company is, such as Shopify. Having a good and reliable web hosting service company does not only affects your visibility in the online world – it also has an impact on your online business and brand.
While finding a suitable and affordable package may be essential for your business you should also take into consideration the reputation and the reliability of the host service provider. This means that you will have the right support features and tools in place that are not at an additional cost and they are accessible and here for you 24/7.
If you want to build a blog as a business or you are running an e-commerce website, then a dedicated WordPress website is definitely the best choice for you. The shared hosting can restrict your online presence involving fewer templates and editing features to choose from. A successful and professional brand is accomplished through a style that matches your online business and this can only be accomplished by customizing your site with the assistance of a website designer or developer.
There are many web hosting service providers available, which means that you need to be careful and choose the most suitable provider for you and your business needs. So, what should you look for in a professional hosting service? Here are some points you need to keep in mind:
- The domain transfer fee
- The amount of disk space provided on the server
- How much do fees increase after one month or after a year?
- Is WordPress included in the package you are purchasing?
- Website loading times – how fast is the server?
- Extras included such as dedicated e-mail and website security
- How often do they perform backups and this is considered as an extra help?
- Ease of installation and FTP management
- The domain name cost and privacy fee
As you can see, there are different points you need to take into consideration, before you make a final decision. It is also recommendable to consider how your website will be utilized and who your target customers are.
Here are some other important points to consider:
- Reliability and Speed – When choosing a web hosting service provider for your website, two of the most important things you need to consider are reliability and speed. Your website will lose traffic and potential customers if it is done often and doesn’t load fast. So, always select a provider which has a good record and reliable uptime. Remember the uptime must be at least 99.9%.
- Customer Reviews – Have you ever researched your business online to discover what other people are saying about you? You can check the social media posts, tweets, and comments, you can check the forums, or ask your customers to give you honest reviews about your business, your brand, your service, your website or the products and services you are selling.
- Bandwidth and Data – Make sure to always select a service provider giving unlimited data transfer, bandwidth, and disk usage. You must have PHP, SSH, FTP access, htaccess, and the flexibility in installing software and scripts so you can grow your online presence.
Don’t make rash decisions, take your time, and choose the best web hosting service provider for your website!